J & J Gym Floors, LLC can give you the look of a new gym floor for a fraction of the cost of one. Sanding your gym floor to bare wood will brighten up your facility and breathe new life into your old, worn out floor. In most cases, the sanding, painting, and finishing of your basketball court will take less than two weeks to complete.
Reasons to Sand and Refinish
- If your finish is brown and peeling
- When the graphics and game lines on your floor are outdated
- To create a fresh look for your gym floor
- To remove cupping from water damage
“J & J Gym Floors did an amazing job on our gym floor. Our basketball court was in bad shape: we needed the entire floor sanded, painted, and refinished. The process was easy and they were done a day early! The entire gym looks amazing and I think the visiting teams are actually a little intimidated when they see our new basketball court…but we like it that way”
Mike S. – Athletic Director
Sanding & Refinishing Process
Gym Floor Design
Before we start sanding your gym floor we will provide you with a color gym floor design showing your game lines, gym floor logo and lettering.
Gym Floor Sanding
We then sand the gym floor using a gym ride on sander 3 times using course, medium, and fine grit sandpaper which will provide the smoothest surface to prepare for finishing.
Apply Sealer Coats
We then apply 2 coats of oil based gym floor sealer. We light sand and clean between coats to give you the smoothest surface possible.
Prep for Paint
After the 2nd sealer coat dries we light sand and clean the floor again to prepare for your painted lines and logos. We apply tape for your game lines with specialized equipment and place your stencils for any logos and lettering.
Gym Floor Painting
Now your gym floor is ready for paint. After your game lines and logos are painted the tape and stencils are removed.
Apply Finish Coats
The final step is to abrade the paint and apply 2 more coats of oil based gym floor polyurethane to protect the paint and give your gym floor the shine and traction you need.
Time Lapse Video
Gym Floor Sanding & Refinishing Service Area In NJ, NY & CT
- New Jersey: Bergen County, Passaic County, Sussex County, Hudson County, Essex County, Morris County, Union County, Somerset County, Middlesex County, Hunterdon County, Monmouth County, and Ocean County
- New York: NYC, Manhattan, Queens, Bronx, Brookyln, Staten Island, Long Island, Nassau County, Suffolk County, Rockland County, Orange County, and Westchester County
- Connecticut: Southern CT, Farfield County, New Haven County, Litchfield and Middlesex County